Updating a Client-Favorite Floor Plan
When we released The Alexis floor plan, it quickly became a client favorite. It even won the People’s Choice Award in the 2012 Racine/Kenosha Parade of Homes. Many years have passed, and we’ve made updates to our original plans to keep this home relevant for new clients. You’ll see The Alexis 2 and how we customized it for our client in the photo gallery below.
The Alexis 2 is a ranch house with an open concept, split bedroom design. This floor plan features four bedrooms and two baths. A few of the aspects you’ll notice in our project photos below include:
- The great room has a 10” ceiling and large windows offering plenty of light, day and night. While many aspects of this beautiful interior will draw your eye, the stone gas fireplace in the corner is most definitely the highlight of the living room.
- Through an elegant archway, you’ll see a large kitchen with plenty of counter space, an island with seating, custom wood cabinets, a tiled backsplash, and a pantry.
- Like most modern dining rooms, this home’s dining area has large windows for a flood of natural light. There is also another gas fireplace with a different design. This room is perfect for family meals, game nights, and more.
- In the master bedroom, you’ll notice a double tray ceiling, an attractive window seat, and a tiled shower and double vanity in the ensuite bathroom.
- The basement is quite large and features a sizeable living area, a kitchenette with an attached island and bar seating, a game room, gym, and mudroom.
- There is also a covered deck in the backyard, perfect for summer cookouts.
We hope you enjoy the photos! If you’re building a new home in southeast Wisconsin, choose Joseph Scott Homes as your builder.