When it comes to designing your home with Joseph Scott, we believe you should make your home work for you, not the other way around! You’re building a home to raise a family, grow old with the one you love, and make many years of memories in, so why not make it everything you’ve ever dreamed it could be? Custom is our favorite word, and we like to challenge our clients to dream big. If you could add anything to your home, what would it be? Here are some of our ideas to make your perfect home even better!
- A secret playroom. Your kids deserve to have a special place of their own where they think they call the shots, and you deserve a quiet cup of HOT coffee while they’re letting their imagination run free. A secret playspace accessible by tunnels and slides is a great way to give them dedicated space while getting their toys out of your living room!
- Functional stairs. One of the spaces with the most missed potential in homes is the staircase, specifically underneath! Take advantage of this space by adding in custom storage or even a pet palace for your favorite four legged babies!
- Wine storage. If you’d consider yourself a wine connoisseur, or someone who just likes a good bottle of rose, adding in custom wine storage is a great way to use dead space in your home! You can dedicate an entire room or a small bar area off the kitchen to wow guests and keep your favorite libations close by!
- Heated. Floors. This is one luxury you think is silly and unnecessary until you have it. Adding heated flooring in your bathrooms takes your home up a few notches. It’ll make you feel like royalty every time you step out of the shower!
- A custom kitchen island. But make it functional. The idea of a huge island may seem fantastic, but when an island gets too big you’ll find a lot of unused dead space in the middle because you simply can’t reach. Add built-in seating for kids, appliance storage, and plenty of outlets and you have a functioning, and actually usable, island!
- Built-in organization. Adding in storage from the start will help you stay organized in the long run. From the master closet to the pantry, built-in shelving will keep your home looking like a magazine every day.
- Greenhouse. Do you have a green thumb? A custom greenhouse is a great way to bring nature a little bit closer in cold Wisconsin weather. A custom greenhouse can be as simple or as extravagant as you’d like!
- Climbing wall. If your kids are already climbing up the walls in winter, you might as well make it a little more fun! A custom rock wall is a fun way to get you and your kids moving all year round!
So, what kind of fun and exciting custom ideas have you come up with for your home? Contact Joseph Scott Homes today to keep dreaming with our amazing team and get started designing your brand new home today!